Female student of KNUST dies after being electrocuted in campus bathroom

A final year student of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) identified as Bernice Akyeama Baa has reportedly died through electrocution in a bathroom in her apartment.

The Metallurgical Engineering student, Bernice Akyeama Baah according to sources was about showering in her rented Ayeduase apartment when the incident occurred at about 8.30 pm Wednesday.

She was discovered unconscious and was rushed to the KNUST Hospital for treatment but was announced dead on arrival by medics.

Police have not yet formally disclosed how the victim was electrocuted but have directed an autopsy be carried out as part of investigations.

The body of the deceased has since been deposited at the KNUST hospital morgue.

Read Also:  Regent University College ranked best privately-owned University in Ghana by Webometrics

The Level 400 Metallurgical Engineering students are saddened over the untimely demise of their colleagues.

Matesa KNUST, a group Bernice Akyeama Baah was a member until her unfortunate death said “We express our deepest condolence to all family members and friends of Mrs.Bernice Baah; we mourn with them and may her soul rest in peace,”

Similar Posts