The Minister of Education, Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh, has inaugurated a 10-member committee in Accra to deliberate and advise on modalities for the re-opening of schools in the pre-tertiary subsector for the approval of the President.
This follows the address to the nation by President Akufo-Addo on Sunday 16th August 2020, which included the government’s intentions copied to shstrendz.com to consider the reopening of schools following the shutdown in March 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic breakout.
The committee is chaired by Prof. Dominic Fobih, a former Minister of Education and currently the chairman of the GETFund Board of Trustees.
The other members are;
- Mr. Michael Nsowah ~ Chair, GES Council
- Prof. Kwasi Opoku Amankwa ~ Director-General, GES
- Mr. Anthony Boateng ~ Deputy Director-General (M & S), GES
- Dr. Kwabena Tandoh ~ Deputy Director-General (Q & A), GES
- Mrs. Kate Appiah-Pinkrah ~ Director, Pre-Tertiary, MoE
- Mr. Madeez Adamu Issah ~ Rep, UNICEF
- Mr. I. K Mensah ~ Rep, Private Schools
- Nana Kwasi Amoako ~ P.T.A Chair, Accra Girls SHS
- Mrs. Patty Assan ~ Director, Schools and Instructions
The committee is expected to report to the Minister on Monday 21st September 2020 with its recommendations.
Source: Moses Nkrumah/shstrendz.com
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners