According to GHLA persons between the ages of 9 to 18 years are eligible to register for the 2020 edition of the National Short Story Writing competition.
The National Short Story writing Challenge is a response to optimize the responsible use of the time of children at home as a temporal school break amid the outbreak of the global coronavirus pandemic.
This is an open subject story writing contest for children. Contestants are not limited to particular subjects and can, therefore, choose to write about any topic of interest.
1.To give children the opportunity to demonstrate their writing talents and win awards.
2. To inspire young writers nationwide to showcase their creative and critical thinking skills.
3. To promote children’s contents through the Publication of winning stories on the Ghana Library Authority App
4. To create awareness on the importance of writing
5. To create awareness on the importance of writing
6. To engage children during partial lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic.
The deadline for registration is today at 5 pm GMT, therefore interested persons can still apply www.ghanalibrary.org/shortstorychallenge before 5 pm today.