University of Ghana (UG) Procedure For 2020/2021 Distance Students Registration
-Printing of provisional admission letter
- Payment of Fees
- Online Registration
- Registration/ Collection of Course Materials at Learning Centre
STEP 1: Printing of Provisional Admission Letter
All admitted students are required to log in to the link on the University’s website http://www.ug.edu.gh with their admission Serial Number and Pin to download their Provisional Admission Letter.
STEP 2: Payment of Fees
ALL students are to pay fees as stated in their admission letters into the College of Education DE Students Fee Collection Account at any branch of GCB Bank Limited. Students should quote in full their names, level of study and student identification numbers (stated in admission letter) on all payment slips and counterfoils.
- The number appearing in your letter of admission shall constitute your student identification number and shall remain your identification number throughout your studentship in this University. You shall quote this number wherever your identification number is required. This number shall also be used in writing all university examinations and payment of all approved fees.
- Students are strongly advised to keep all copies of payment receipts, registration receipts and materials in a safe place. In the event of any difficulty arising from a student’s registration, the College Academic Affairs Office shall demand an inspection of all receipts and registration material.
- Students who have problems with the payment of fees may contact their respective Learning Centres or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3: Online Registration
- Undertake on-line registration 48 hours after payment of fees. The steps for the online registration are available at the website, www.ug.edu.gh.
- Details of courses to be taken by students admitted to various programmes are available in the student handbooks which are available online and in the course bulletin at the Learning Centres.
- Students should register only for programmes/subjects as stated in their provisional admission letters
- Remember to print a “proof of registration”. You shall be required to show a proof of registration at the Centre.
STEP 4: Registration/Collection of Course Materials at the Learning Centre
All fresh students are expected to register at their Learning Centres and bring their electronic devices there to collect course materials. Upon arrival, proceed to the registration officers and undertake the following processes:
- Show your Provisional Admission letter and proof of online registration
- Proceed with registration
- Collect your course materials
All nursing students are required to submit copies of the following to the registration officers at the Centres:
- Registered Nursing Certificate (R/GN/MN/M/CN)
Any student who fails to submit the documents will have his/her admission cancelled.