The University wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons who are goal oriented and results driven with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment as Director of Public Affairs.
The Director is responsible for creating and executing public relations programmes with the goal of publicising the University as a center of excellence for quality higher education to the international, national and regional environment.
The Director is also responsible for organisation of University events, the promotion of the University and its programmes, and serves as the spokesperson for the University. The Director also manages the industrial relations functions of the University.
SPECIFIC KEY TASKS
The Director of Public Affairs shall:
- Oversee all domestic and international public relations and outreach functions of the University including; planning, developing and implementing PR policies and strategies.
- Be responsible for the development and execution of UPSA market penetration strategies.
- Be responsible for developing marketing collateral.
- Work with university faculties/ schools/ institutes to engage effectively with the community and enhance UPSA’s visibility among stakeholders.
QUALIFICATION REQUIRED AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or Marketing with at least 10 years relevant working experience in a similar position in a reputable organisation.
- Relevant international experience would be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified persons should send their application, resume, copies of certificates and transcripts to the address below:
UNIVERSITY OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES, ACCRA (UPSA)
POST OFFICE BOX LG 149
Wednesday, 14th October, 2020